We name this effort: Jogja Street Graffiti Artworks Open Documentation Project.
This project is open and based on community contributions. Admin project will document all graffiti photo submitted by anyone through the following channels:
- Send your graffiti photos via email to email@example.com (preferably in high resolution image format). If photos are not your own shots, please write down the original source of the photo and/or photographer.
- Tweet a photo of your graffiti along with the data & information, mention @jogjagraffiti and use hashtag (hashtags) #jogjagraffiti
- It is recommended to take two photographs, the main photo and one or more supporting photo of the surrounding area.
- The main photo could reveal the circumstances surrounding but not more than 10% of the portion of the whole picture, while supporting photo actually put conditions around the graffiti work.
- The main photo should be taken on the position as much as possible perpendicular to the wall of graffiti (not skewed or taken from a sideways angle).
- Photos of graffiti does not contain the message opposing particular ethnic, religious, racial group, or violates applicable laws or regulations in Indonesia.
- Photos should be taken during the day or with enough light so that graffiti images appear clearly.
- Write the title of the work of graffiti, graffiti maker/artist, photographer (this should be you), location. All of these data are optional (if available).
- See an example of a standard photo here.
Graffiti Tourist Destination
We also provide recommendation of the best graffiti areas around the city of Yogyakarta where tourist can visit & enjoy the art and the surrounding. Here are our best picks:
- Jogja Graffiti Wall Stadion Kridosono, Kotabaru (highly recommended)
- Jogja Graffiti Wall Malioboro Area (Jl. Perwakilan) (highly recommended)
- Jogja Graffiti Wall McDonald's backyard, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kotabaru
- Jogja Graffiti Wall Stasiun Tugu east gate, Jl. P. Mangkubumi
- Jogja Graffiti Wall UTY campus (west wall), Ring Road Utara
- Jogja Graffiti Area Behind Pasar Beringharjo
- Other Jogja Graffiti Wall (will be updated continuously)